Do Cisco devices run diagnostic tests upon startup?
You can run all diagnostic tests, disruptive and nondisruptive, at once with a single command….Running All Online Diagnostic Tests.
|Router# diagnostic start system test all||Executes all online diagnostic tests.|
How do you examine the configuration of a switch?
How to configure Cisco switch?
- Initial command prompt “Switch>” appears on the screen.
- Type “enable” next to it and press “Enter”.
- This will take you into the “EXEC” mode, also known as the Global Configuration mode.
- Go into configure mode using configure terminal.
- Enter the configuration commands one per line.
How many Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches can be part of a VSS?
The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching System (VSS) allows the merging of two physical Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches together into a single, logically managed entity.
What is TDR test in Cisco switch?
The Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) feature allows you to determine if a cable is OPEN or SHORT when it is at fault.
What is the difference between vPC and VSS?
2) In VSS there will be single control plane for both the switches, where as in vPC there will be separate control plane for every switch. 3) VSS can support L3 port-channels across multiple chassis,however, vpc is used for L2 port-channels only.
How do I run a TDR cable diagnostic?
Here is simple procedure:
- Command to start the TDR: “test cable tdr interface ”;
- Wait for about 5 to 7 seconds for the test to run; and.
- Command to show the result of the TDR test: “show cable tdr interface ”
What is TDR test?
Time domain reflectometers (TDR) are test devices that generate an energy pulse or step on the cable to determine the location and magnitude of cable faults, breaks, splices, terminations, or other events along the length of a conductive cable.
What is the command for configuration mode?
To enter global configuration mode, enter the configure command. Global configuration From privileged EXEC mode, enter the configure command. To exit to privileged EXEC mode, enter the exit or end command, or press Ctrl-Z. To enter interface configuration mode, enter the interface configuration command.
What is TDR in Cisco switch?
What does this error message mean on the Catalyst 6500 switch?
SYSTEM INIT: INSUFFICIENT MEMORY TO BOOT THE IMAGE! A similar error message is reported when the Cisco Catalyst 6500 switch fails to boot with a specified Cisco IOS software release.
Why does my catalyst 6500/6000 enter ROMMON diagnostic mode?
A Catalyst 6500/6000 with an SP configuration register that allows break, for example 0x2, and that receives a console break signal enters ROMmon diagnostic mode. The system appears to crash. A mismatch of the configuration register settings on SP and RP can cause this type of reload.
How to troubleshoot Cisco Catalyst switches NIC driver issues?
A known NIC driver issue Autonegotiation problems In order to troubleshoot further, refer to Troubleshooting Cisco Catalyst Switches to NIC Compatibility Issues. If the interface status is errdisable in the show interface status command output, the interface has been disabled because of an error condition.
Why does catalyst 6500/6000 switch boot the old image in SUP-bootdisk?
A Cisco Catalyst 6500/6000 that runs Cisco IOS Software boots the old image in the sup-bootdisk regardless of the BOOT variable configuration in the running configuration. Even though the BOOT variable is configured to boot from external flash, it switch boots only the old image in the sup-bootdisk.