What can I do with a BSW in Michigan?
Where do social workers work?
- Adoption agencies.
- Child welfare departments.
- Community mental health agencies.
- Corrections and public safety departments.
- Employment services.
- Family service agencies.
- Foster care agencies.
- Human rights and advocacy organizations.
How much does a BSW make in Michigan?
How much does a Social Worker (BSW) make in Michigan? The average Social Worker (BSW) salary in Michigan is $61,554 as of August 29, 2022, but the range typically falls between $54,934 and $68,634.
How much are social workers paid in Michigan?
Michigan Social Work Salary
|Michigan Social Work Career||Average Social Worker Salary|
|Child, Family and School Social Workers||$49,190|
|Healthcare Social Workers||$56,500|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||$50,650|
|All Other Social Workers||$61,240|
What state pays BSW social workers the most?
Where Do Social Workers Get Paid the Most?
- California: $68,910.
- Connecticut: $68,000.
- Nevada: $64,890.
- New Hampshire: $62,300.
- Maine: $61,140.
How do I get a social work license in Michigan?
Complete at least 4,000 hours of post-degree supervised social work experience over at least a two-year period. If the experience is gained in Michigan, must hold a Limited LBSW License. Pass the Bachelors Examination that is conducted by the ASWB. Submit the fee with the application that is found here.
Is BSW a degree?
A BSW degree is an undergraduate degree that tends to take a generalist approach to social work so that you can gain a broad understanding of the profession and pursue a number of different paths after graduation.
How much do social workers make an hour in Michigan?
Social Worker Hourly Salary in Michigan
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
What social workers make the most?
Mental health and substance abuse social workers open_in_new, mean wage in 2020:
- Residential mental health and substance-abuse facilities: $41,300.
- Individual and family services: $48,550.
- Outpatient care centers: $54,380.
- Psychiatric and substance-abuse hospitals: $57,840.
What is the highest paid social work job?
Highest Paid Social Workers
|Job Title||Median Salary||Career Outlook|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||$48,430||14%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||$58,470||20%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||$49,630||19%|
|All Other Social Workers||$60,900||8%|
What type of social worker makes the most money?
Does Michigan require social work license?
The Michigan Board requires all LMSW applicants to complete 4,000 hours of work experience under the supervision of a licensed masters-level social worker. Note that the type of work you perform during this step should correspond with the type of designation that you plan to seek with your full license.
What are the different social work licenses in Michigan?
What Are the Types of Social Workers Licenses for the State of Michigan?
- Full Licensed Bachelor’s Social Worker (LBSW) in Michigan.
- Full Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW) in Michigan.
- Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW) in Michigan.
- Social Service Technician (SST) in Michigan.
What job will get after BSW?
Planning on beginning your career after completing your BSW? Take a look at the BSW scope, career opportunities and salaries offered in the field.
BSW Career Options.
|Labour Welfare Specialist||Social Worker|
|Trainee Officer||Criminology Specialist|
Is getting a BSW hard?
Most people in this helping profession start their career with a social work bachelor’s degree, which is the easiest social work degree for getting a job in this field.
What field of social work pays the most?
Community and social services workers open_in_new, median wage in 2020:
- Social and human services assistants: $35,960.
- Rehabilitation counselors: $37,530.
- Substance abuse/mental health: $47,660.
- Health educators and community health workers: $48,140.
- Marriage and family therapists: $51,340.
What are 7 different types of social workers?
Our career guides include information on the following types of social work:
- Child Welfare Social Work.
- Clinical Social Work.
- Forensic (Criminal Justice) Social Work.
- Gerontological Social Workers.
- Hospice and Palliative Social Work.
- Medical Social Work.
- Military Social Work.
- Pediatric Social Work.
What is the best field in social work?
The 10 Best Careers in Social Work
- Marriage and Family Counselor.
- Medical Social Worker.
- School Social Worker.
- Foster Care Social Worker.
- Child and Family Therapist.
- Corporate Social Responsibility. Median Salary: $58,560.
- Policy Analyst. Median Salary: $58,560.
- Human Resources Coordinator/Specialist. Median Salary: $58,560.
How do I get my social work license in Michigan?
How do I become a school social worker in Michigan?
The candidate must possess a master’s degree from a graduate school of social work program approved by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE). This includes a minimum 500-clock-hour supervised social work practicum.
How do I become a registered social worker in Michigan?
Graduate with a bachelor’s degree from a CSWE-accredited educational program. Complete at least 4,000 hours of post-degree supervised social work experience over at least a two-year period. If the experience is gained in Michigan, must hold a Limited LBSW License.
Is a BSW degree worth it?
Is a Bachelor’s in Social Work Worth It for Salary? According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, a bachelor’s in social work is worth it for graduates who care more about helping people than having a high salary. The average annual income for social workers is about $52,000.
What should I do after BSW?
Courses after BSW
- MA in Social Work.
- MA in Development Studies.
- MA in Extensive Education and Social Work.
- MA in Gandhian Studies.
- PhD in Women’s Studies.
- PGD in Social Work and Rural Development.
- PGD in Social Work among Tribals.
Is BSW a good degree?
A BSW is often a requirement for entry-level administrative roles. And, if you’re interested in more advanced roles, it can lay the foundation for earning your Master of Social Work (MSW) degree—a requirement for clinical social worker roles.
What are the top 3 industries that employ social workers?
The highest paying industries for Social workers, by average wage, are Drugs, sundries, & chemical & allied products merchant wholesalers , Pharmaceutical & medicine manufacturing, and Architectural, engineering & related services.
Where are social workers needed the most?
Top 15 States with Demand for Social Workers
- Oregon. Oregon is among the leading states showing an increased demand for social workers.
- Connecticut. Social work vacancies are expected to grow 17% by 2028, according to the DOL.
- New Hampshire.