What do you read at a celebration of life?
Religious or Spiritual Celebration of Life Poem or Reading Ideas
- “The Frontier is Everywhere” by Carl Sagan.
- “The Final Countdown” by Europe.
- Walden quote from Henry David Thoreau.
- The Death and Rebirth of Self by The Daily Om.
- “If you wrestle an angel…” by Stephen Jenkinson.
- Excerpt from The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.
What to say celebrating the life of a deceased?
What to Say in a Speech or Eulogy During a Celebration of Life Event
- Share origin stories.
- Detail your loved one’s most beloved qualities.
- Share favorite stories and memories.
- Talk about their legacy.
- Describe your loved one’s family.
- Tell everyone what your loved one would have wanted them to know.
- Add quotes or poems.
What is a good scripture for a memorial service?
Psalm 23. The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul; He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.
What do you say at Remembrance?
Top 10 In Loving Memory Quotes for an Inscription
- Always in our hearts.
- Always on my mind, forever in my heart.
- You’ll be with me forever.
- Gone yet not forgotten.
- May the winds of heaven blow softly and whisper in your ear.
- You may be gone from my sight but you are never gone from my heart.
What are some of the best poems about remembering?
But poetry, of course, is bound up with the idea of remembering, recollecting, reflecting, memorialising … so here are ten of the very best poems about remembering, memories, remembrance, nostalgia, and related themes. 1. William Shakespeare, Sonnet 30. And with old woes new wail my dear time’s waste …
What are poems in memory of loved ones?
Poems In Memory of Loved Ones. The act of creating a poem is a memorial for one who has passed away. It is an act of spirituality. A memorial tells the world that while our loved one may be gone his or her spirit lives on. This individual will forever be tied together in the circle of life. Our Loved One’s life mattered and continues to matter.
What is the poem I remember I Remember by Philip Larkin?
Philip Larkin, ‘ I Remember, I Remember ’. Its title a pointed riposte to Hood’s poem, Larkin’s ‘I Remember, I Remember’ inverts the idea of recalling a happy childhood through rose-tinted spectacles.
What is the poem I Remember by Stevie Smith about?
Stevie Smith, ‘ I Remember ’. Like many of Stevie Smith’s poems, this one is a little unusual, and all the better for it. The speaker is an old man remembering his wedding night during the Blitz, when he married ‘a girl with t.b.’