Can I use my Saltire Card on trains?

Can I use my Saltire Card on trains?

Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon launched the project, which will allow passengers to pre-load money to use on trains, buses, ferries, subways and trams to deliver cash-free travel and boost tourism.

How do you use a zone card?

A ZoneCard is only valid for use where the travel ticket displays the same serial number as the Photocard. A ZoneCard is only valid for travel in the Zones which are listed on the travel ticket. The number of Zones in the “Zones Charged” box on the Photocard must match the number of Zones stated on the travel ticket.

Do pensioners get free rail travel in Scotland?

Some local councils offer over-60 and disabled people free or discounted train travel. Visit the National Rail Enquiries website to check if this is available in your area. Only holders of National Entitlement Cards can get concessionary train travel. Visit Transport Scotland to find out how to apply.

Can I use my Saltire Card on buses?

If you’re registered blind or have a visual impairment, you’re entitled to use your card for free bus travel. You can also get concessions on train, Edinburgh tram and ferry travel within Scotland.

Can I use my Saltire Card on ferries?

If you are over 60 or disabled, you could be entitled to free bus travel and concessions on ferry, rail and subway fares if you have a National Entitlement Card.

Can I use my National Entitlement Card on Edinburgh trams?

If you have a Scottish National Entitlement Card (also known as a Saltire card) issued by the City of Edinburgh Council, you are entitled to free travel on the tram. The same applies to cards from any local authority indicating visual impairment.

Can I use my Scottish free bus pass in England?

Card holders can travel at any time of day for any number of journeys on registered local buses and long distance scheduled coach services throughout Scotland. NECs are not valid for travel on bus services in England or any other part of the UK except limited cross border travel to Berwick-upon-Tweed and Carlisle.

Can I use my Scottish bus pass on Edinburgh buses?

No. English bus passes are not accepted in Scotland and vice versa. Only passes issued by City of Edinburgh Council work on the trams as they’re funded by the council.

Related Post