What can I eat on a gluten-free diet?
Many naturally gluten-free foods can be a part of a healthy diet:
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Beans, seeds, legumes and nuts in their natural, unprocessed forms.
- Lean, nonprocessed meats, fish and poultry.
- Most low-fat dairy products.
What does a typical gluten-free diet look like?
A gluten-free diet excludes any foods that contain gluten, which is a protein found in wheat and several other grains. It means eating only whole foods that don’t contain gluten, such as fruits, vegetables, meat and eggs, as well as processed gluten-free foods like gluten-free bread or pasta.
What can you eat for breakfast on a gluten free diet?
Gluten-free Meal Ideas – Breakfast
- Rice Chex or Corn Chex or other gluten-free cereal with milk, nut milks, fresh fruit.
- Corn tortillas, warmed with scrambled eggs, chopped tomato, and melted cheese.
- Cream of rice cereal with chopped almonds and milk.
- Gluten-free waffles with butter and syrup.
What are the benefits of a gluten free diet?
– Wheat – Barley – Rye – Triticale – Most breads, crackers, and wraps – Most baked goods like cakes, cookies, pastries, doughnuts, etc – Some snack foods- chips, snack mixes, energy bars, etc
What is a typical gluten free diet?
– Fruits – Vegetables – Meat and poultry – Fish and seafood – Dairy – Beans, legumes, and nuts
What are the side effects of going gluten free?
Anger: If you turn into a raging maniac when discontinuing gluten,you are not alone.
How to start gluten free diet?
Read food labels. Practice reading food labels so you can easily identify gluten-free foods.