What is explorer.exe process?
The executable module in Windows that contains the Start menu, Taskbar, desktop and file manager. EXPLORER. EXE is a Windows process that is run automatically at startup and remains an active process. See Explorer and shell.
How do I fix explorer exe high CPU?
How to fix Explorer.exe high CPU and memory usage?
- Method 1. Perform Disk Cleanup.
- Method 2. Repair corrupted system files.
- Method 3. Perform CHKDSK check.
- Method 4. Uninstall the corrupted update.
- Method 5.
- Method 6.
- Protect your online privacy with a VPN client.
- Data recovery tools can prevent permanent file loss.
Can I stop Explorer EXE process?
In the Task Manager window, switch to the “Processes” tab. Select the “explorer.exe” process and then click the “End Process” button. In the alert window that pops up, click “End Process.”
How do I fix explorer.exe high CPU?
Why is my Explorer exe crashing?
If your Windows Explorer keeps crashing there is a chance that your PC is infected with malware. An infected PC is not safe to use and can be the reason behind the instability issues. After this Windows will reboot and begin the scan for malware on your PC.
How do I speed up Explorer EXE?
Speed Up Quick Access in Windows 10’s File Explorer
- Search for Files and Folders.
- Select “Change Search Options for Files and Folders.
- Click on the General Tab.
- Under Privacy, UNCHECK “Show recently used files in Quick Access as well as Show frequently used folders in Quick Access”
Does Windows Explorer have a high CPU issue?
The Windows Explorer High CPU issue has been known since May 2012. Windows Explorer can be a resource hog on some computers, but there are options to fix the problem. Let’s go over some of the most common causes and what users can do about them. High CPU usage in Windows Explorer is frustrating and difficult to troubleshoot.
How do I stop Windows Explorer from using so much CPU?
You can also reduce the amount of time that Windows Explorer is using high CPU by changing your screen resolution. The higher your screen resolution, the longer time it will take for Windows to do things and the more resources it will use. Conversely, the lower your screen resolution, the fewer resources it will use.
How to fix high CPU usage in Windows 10?
Here are some methods of fixing higher CPU usage in Windows 10. Superfetch is a feature in Windows 10 that learns more about you and the apps you use gets them ready for you before opening and can lead to significant performance problems for your computer. This is how to disable Superfetch on Windows 10.
Is Windows Explorer a process or a program?
– Windows Explorer can be considered a process, together with all other processes on your computer. In Task Manager, you can specify the CPU usage of a program or process. – If you have a lot of programs running in the background, this might contribute to a high CPU usage in Windows Explorer.