How do you write a complex sentence?
Complex sentences contain more than one clause (verb group).
- relative pronouns – that, which, who, whose.
- conjunctions (subordinating) – while, because, although, as, when, until, unless, through, by, since, whenever, if, where, before, etc.
What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
Examples of Complex Sentences
Because he was late again, he would be docked a day’s pay. While I am a passionate basketball fan, I prefer football. Although she was considered smart, she failed all her exams. Whenever it rains, I like to wear my blue coat.
What are 10 examples of complex sentences?
The game we went to at the mall today was so much fun no matter how long it lasted. Although he wanted to study abroad, he could not go because his father did not want him to go. I saw him going to work in the morning when I was going to school. While I was cooking he was still playing games on the computer.
What are the 3 types of complex sentences?
A complex sentence is a sentence that contains an independent clause and at least one subordinate clause.
The Three Types of Subordinate Clauses
- Dependent adjective clauses act as adjectives.
- Dependent adverb clauses act as adverbs.
- Dependent noun clauses act as nouns.
What are 20 examples of compound sentences?
A compound sentence does not contain any dependent clauses.
- I like coffee. Mary likes tea. → I like coffee, and Mary likes tea.
- Mary went to work. John went to the party. I went home. → Mary went to work, but John went to the party, and I went home.
- Our car broke down. We came last. → Our car broke down; we came last.
What is your name complex sentence?
Answer: “Although I don’t know who are you, could you just try to tell me your name”, that is the complex sentence of “What is your name”.
What are sentences 5 examples?
Examples of simple sentences include the following:
- Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.
- The train was late.
- Mary and Samantha took the bus.
- I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station.
- Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
What are 50 examples of complex sentences?
50 Examples of Comples Sentences
- She could not come because she had informed us about her illness.
- While my mother was sleeping, my father came home.
- Though I didn’t have any money, I bought the dress from the market.
- Since you have completed your homework, you can take a break.
- He will be happy if he gets the job.
What do complex sentences start with?
Complex Sentences Explained
As you may have noticed from the examples above, a complex sentence can either start with the independent clause or the subordinate clause. If the subordinate clause comes first, you must add a comma. This is not needed if the independent clause comes first.
What are 30 examples of complex sentences?
30 Complex Sentences Examples
- Ali wants to attend this meeting but her family issues restrained him.
- As soon as Adam leaves the class, I will start reading loud.
- Even though we were rich, we drive antique cars.
- He cannot come with you, he have to go to office.
- He didn’t want to go to the dentist, though he is very sick.
Why do we use complex sentences?
The complex sentence is an effective way to show that one idea takes precedence over another. The idea in the complete sentence base is more important than the idea in the dependent phrase.
Can you tell me the time complex sentence?
Answer. Explanation: By changing the given sentence into complex sentence we will get ” Can you tell me at which certain time the train will come”?
How do you start a complex sentence?
Complex sentences are often formed by putting these words at the beginning of the dependent clause: as, as if, before, after, because, though, even though, while, when, whenever, if, during, as soon as, as long as, since, until, unless, where, and wherever.
What is a complex sentence Grade 4?
A complex sentence is a sentence that contains an independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. An independent clause can stand alone as a sentence, but a dependent clause even though it has a subject and a verb cannot stand alone.
What are 10 examples of compound sentences for kids?
Compound Sentence Examples for kids
- Children like food and they like sleep.
- The toys are old but they are still good.
- My father travels a lot but finds time to play with us.
- The food is hot but it is delicious.
- Obedience is a good virtue but many kids are disobedient.
- The holidays are here and we will go skydiving.
What are 50 examples of compound?
Chemical Compound Formulas
|Compound name||Molecular weight|
|47||Ammonium hydroxide||35.046 g/mol|
|48||Calcium nitrate||164.088 g/mol|
|49||Calcium oxide||56.0774 g/mol|
|50||Carbon monoxide||28.01 g/mol|