How many drain plugs does a 4.3 MerCruiser have?
The 4.3 Mercruiser engine is a popular inboard motor for boats. It is equipped with four drain plugs.
How many drain plugs does a 4.3 Mercruiser have?
What are the hole for at the back of my boat?
One of the ‘holes’ should be where the bilge pump ejects water. You should be able to identify the bilge ejection port, while the boat is on the trailer, use a garden hose to put some water in the bottom of the boat and turn on the bilge pump. Never plug this hole, you will burn out your bilge pump.
How do you drain an inboard engine?
Drain the Engine (for inboards and stern-drives) Locate and open the petcocks (some engines have bronze plugs similar to bilge plugs) underneath the manifolds and on the sides of the engine block. Remove the water-pump hose from the bottom of the water pump to let it drain completely.
Where are the blue plugs on a 4.3 MerCruiser?
Move to your engine and locate the cylinder block. Locate the two blue drain plugs attached to it, one on the starboard and one on the port side. If you face the motor, one will be on the lower-right side of the block about midway back. The other will be on the left side of the block behind the front motor mount.
How do you drain water out of a boat engine block?
What drains into the bilge?
On larger boats, built-in coolers, the lips around large hatches, and even drink holders may be drained overboard, but on smaller boats this water is simply routed to the bilge. Water may also collect in the bilge from minor leaks, such as water dripping from the shaft gland on an inboard boat.
What are the three holes on the back of a boat?
The 3 holes in the back of your boat are drain holes to remove water from your boat’s hull. They have removable plugs for when the boat isn’t found in the water. Holes that aren’t drain holes don’t have plugs and include a bilge pump, live well tank drains, and engine cooling outlets.
How do you drain water out of an engine?
- Remove the lower radiator hose and catch the draining coolant in a bucket.
- Remove the top radiator hose and flush the system out with a normal hose.
- Continue until the water runs clear out of the bottom of the engine.
- Refill with coolant and reattach the radiator hoses.
How do you winterize a 4.3 liter?
How to Winterize the MerCruiser 4.3L V6
- Open the fuel tank cap and add the appropriate amount of fuel stabilizer into the fuel tank.
- Remove the boat drain plug with an open-end wrench.
- Open the engine compartment and remove the nut holding the spark arrestor on the carburetor using an open end wrench.